“Negativity and pessimism only work to drive wedges b/w people. We must always look at the inherent value in all ideas/initiatives.”
- This weeks SHS Faculty PD.
- First quarter ends November 14. DO you have all of your make-up work completed?
- Attention Staff: Jennison will be in the building on 11/9, 11/21, 11/22, 11/23.
- No School Tuesday 11/4 – Get out and vote!
- Attention Support Staff – PGP, SLO/SOO and BOY need to be completed by 11/21.
- Fun video – If Teachers Were Treated Like Pro Football Players
- On November 7, 2014 Smithfield High School will be hosting a special event for Veterans Day prior to the 7pm kickoff of the Exeter-West Greenwich – Smithfield varsity football game. This program which begins at 6:20pm with a VIP reception sponsored by Pizzeria UNOs for our local Veterans and Servicemen and also includes participation by the Smithfield Police Department Honor Guard and Smithfield Fire Department. The Fire Department will have their ladder truck on sight for a special flag tribute. This program is organized in conjunction with the local American Legion and VFW Posts. Also our local Veterans will serve as Honorary Captains for the football game and participate in the pregame coin toss. This evening is also “Senior Night” for the Sentinel Football team. The Senior football players are honored to have local Veterans be a part of their Senior Game festivities. Smithfield High School is looking to bring our appreciation for our local Veterans to the Town of Smithfield and we believe this specific game is an excellent venue for it.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Buckley for being chosen to represent SHS in the Annual Safe Driving Contest.
- Thank you to Brendan Oates and Richard Iannitelli for years of service on the Smithfield School Committee. Their last meeting will take place on November 3.
- Congratulations to Margarita Dempsey. She was invited to present the 2014 MaFLA Conference. She presented to a packed room. Way to represent SHS!
- BIG shout out to the SHS Cheerleaders, football players, coaches and parents who braved the raw weather conditions on Saturday for the showdown with first place Burrillville. Boys played hard in a tough 28-7 loss. Jordan Smith earned Pizzeria Unos Athlete of the Week for his efforts.
- Congratulations to Adam Spring and the RIC Women’s Tennis team. They lost in the Little East Conference final on Friday. This is their second trip to the finals. Read more the team and SHS graduates who are playing for RIC.
- Awesome work by the Spanish 5 AP class. They celebrated Dia de Los Muertos this past Friday.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
GET OUT AND VOTE!