This week’s SHS Faculty PD.
First quarter ends November 3rd. Get your missing work in!
The week of November 7th will have a different schedule.
11/7 ALICE Presentation – Grades 11/12
11/8 No School – Get out and vote!
11/9 Blood Drive & ALICE Presentation Grades 9/10
11/10 Career Fair – Grade 10
11/11 No School – Veterans Day
Mr. Spring hosted a Mock Trial this past Friday. Students argued the merits of a construction case.
Students in Mrs. Dubuc and Mrs. Hall’s classes had an amazing opportunity to visit Textron Aviation. They learned about the airline industry and had an opportunity to sit in a helicopter!
SHS alum, Anthony Marsella won his second professional fight this past weekend. Check out the latest article on Anthony.
Winter China Exchange Opportunity for High Schools
In February 2017, the U.S.-China Institute at Bryant University will bring in a group of 6-10 high school students (11th graders) from Beijing No. 35 High School for a 2-week winter camp to participate in the Harvard-MIT Mathematics Tournament (HMMT) on February 18.
We’d like to provide this opportunity to students and teachers at a Confucius Classroom high school for in-depth culture and education exchanges.
Before the program:
· 6-10 American high school students will be paired with Chinese students.
· Students will start writing to each other in November.
During the program (tentatively Feb. 8-18):
· 5 host families from the high school will host Chinese students. The program will provide subsidy to host families for food and transportation ($30/student/day).
· During the school day, Chinese students will go to same classes with their American buddies and exchange ideas/knowledge/perspectives with American students and teachers. The program will pay for Chinese student lunch in school.
· Every day after school, Bryant will bus Chinese students to Bryant campus for math training/workshops for competition (2 hours/day). Their American buddies are invited to join the workshops if they are interested.
After the program (spring and summer):
· American and Chinese student and family friendships will continue.
· A sister school relationship can be established with Beijing No. 35 High School.
· Beijing No. 35 High School welcomes American high school student group to visit and is willing to provide reciprocal hosting in Beijing, including host families, classes and culture tours in Beijing.